rpms/blam/F-9 blam.spec,1.24,1.25

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 22:18:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:32:31 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> In case anybody is interested: a rough and not much tested patch(¹) that
> makes rpmdev-bumpspec from rpmdevtools optionally bump the rightmost
> part of the release field can be found in:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/rpmdevtools/ticket/1
>
> CU
> knurd
>
> (¹) done by someone with only basic python and programming skills ;-)

The patch looks harmless, but I wonder whether the script's users
will remember to use that option when bumping old branches only.

I wonder even more why rpmdev-bumpspec says

    Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Red Hat Inc.

which is not correct. 2005 may be true for its origin, the pre-Fedora
Extras era. For the first mass-rebuilds and beyond that it was developed
further by me, and just because I don't want to claim full copyright,
it should not be given to Red Hat for 2006-2008. That sounds very wrong
to me, because nobody at Red Hat has been an author of changes to the
script in those years.