Re: please deactivate services by default!

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
Dimi Paun wrote:
Sendmail startup should only be slow if your dns is broken or you've
removed the localhost entry from your hosts file.  Either of those
needs to be fixed anyway.
Give me a break. What naive user would know what to do with
the thing? Even if it takes 200ms to load it's way too much.
Users typically don't do anything directly with sendmail but during an
install an alias for root should be set up so system messages reach someone
who cares about the things logwatch and smartctl will send.

We've been saying this since Fedora 7 (at least, maybe longer). It's
never happened, I  don't know why.

Not every developer is subscribed or reading all the threads here. If you want suggestions to actually reach the developers, it is always better to file a enhancement request in bugzilla.

Rahul