Re: please deactivate services by default!

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
>> 2. ip6tables: I do not know of any provider actually working with ipv6.
>> So I assume the mass of all users do not need it.
>
> Agreed -- but should be auto done based on packages chosen on install

What?!
No. Or rather, only if the IPv4 iptables can be disabled too, or is
there a no network access install that I'm not aware of? :)

As soon as you happen to plug into an IPv6 enabled network you would
be exposed without any firewalling, thats only okay for v6 if it's
also okay for v4.

About 4% of the web browsers hitting English language Wikipedia are
IPv6 enabled.  IPv6 enabled web clients may even become more numerous
than Linux desktops this year, almost certainly by next year, so be
careful what you call rare. :)