Re: Do we care about /sbin /bin linked to /usr/lib ?

On Thursday 25 September 2008 13:41:42 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Steve Grubb (sgrubb redhat com) said:
> > I wrote a utility that checks all apps in /bin & /sbin to see if they
> > link against anything in /usr. Is this a problem that we care about?
>
> For things that actually need run when /usr may not be available (grrr),
> it's needed. In the ones you list below, that would include arping,
> and audit*.

So, that brings up an interesting point...rsyslog has a gssapi plugin. It
starts about the same time as auditd. If the plugin is installed and
enabled...wouldn't rsyslog have the same problem as auditd? (Both are wanting
the gssapi library.)

-Steve