Re: please deactivate services by default!

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Sure, but...

- If you're just installing a single-user desktop, there's not really
  a usage case for a local mail delivery agent

Let's see, there's logwatch, smartctl, cron, *my nightly backups*... :-) (Oh, and apcupsd for some users.)

I mean, it's not like there's not really a use case for syslogd on a single-user desktop either, right? ;-)

(I'm actually serious. If you're going to break cron and logwatch, why keep syslogd around? I'd love to see a reasonable argument for keeping one and not the other.)

--
Matthew
"You know what Microsoft's problem really is? They've lost the ability to feel ashamed." -- Pamela Jones (Groklaw)