Re: please deactivate services by default!

seth vidal wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 16:04 -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Because - ok, I told myself I wouldn't, but I'm going to pull out the Big Gun now - if Red Hat did this, and I lost data because of it, I'd be filing a lawsuit. Seriously. You're talking about playing games with people's data, and I don't take that lightly.

A couple of things:

1. if you're resorting to threats then the door is OVER THERE.

I'm trying not to. I'm trying, rather, to express just astronomically, er, "upset" I would be if Fedora made a decision that knowing caused me serious data loss, through no fault of my own other than ignorance of said decision, where a different decision would not have resulted in said loss.

2. You'll find that the License you accept by using fedora will make
such a lawsuit utterly void.

Right; that's why I mentioned Red Hat (on the assumption that I'm paying support and thus have some expectation of warranty).

--
Matthew
"You know what Microsoft's problem really is? They've lost the ability to feel ashamed." -- Pamela Jones (Groklaw)