Re: please deactivate services by default!

Once upon a time, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> said:
> I guess there is a hard dependency between "cron with custom user
> cronjobs" and sendmail.  I don't want to break that, and it's probably
> too late in the cycle for this change anyways. It does suck to have
> everyone take this startup time hit if they're not using custom jobs,
> but it's been slow for years, so we can take another cycle of slow.

I think a part of the startup hit is from rebuilding aliases
unconditionally.  That should be considered a bug and removed from the
sendmail init script (or at least changed to check if aliases is newer
than aliases.db before calling).

There's a reason sendmail removed auto-rebuilding aliases from the
daemon itself.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>