unfrozen repo somewhere?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 12:39:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 08:18:54AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> If things are broken in the frozen rawhide, and there are known fixes for them
> then it is up to the users and developers to get rel-eng to get those fixes
> pulled in.  Rel-eng and QA work really hard at trying to test and bug people
> for fixes, but there is no possible way for them to test everything.
>
> Freezes and releases need participation from both sides in order to work well.

Maybe rpm-build was a bad example since pushing it to the beta may have
been better. However, I won't require a human intervention on many of the
packages I use, that have bug fixed during the freeze, because they are
niche packages, and don't have (in general) integration issues. And in
fedora there are now many of such packages and it is growing very
steadily.

Looking at my personal case, which is certainly very specific, there are
maybe 15 over 125 I watch that should be frozen, in my opinion.

--
Pat