unfrozen repo somewhere?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 20:47:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 04:32:55PM -0400, Horst H. von Brand wrote:

> What is "too much disturbance"? Who says that what for you is peripheral
> isn't extremely important for the next gal?

My selection is loosely based on what depends on what. At least that's
the idea. It isn't about being important or not. And it is not depending
in the sense of rpm dependencies, but in the sense of needing the
functionalities provided by the set of packages.

> There is a saying around here, "Ley pareja no es dura" (Evenhanded law
> isn't hard), and (unless there is a /very/ strong reason to make a
> difference) I'd prefer handling everything the same way. Cuts down on

I don't know if it is a strong reason, but it seems to me that there are
packages that need to be frozen because most of the other packages
depend on them, and I propose a heuristic to select them, while it seems
to me that, for other packages, testing fixes is the priority since it
is less likely that other packages depend on them.

Put it otherwise, the frozen set is the set of packages that should be
frozen to be able to test against them, while the other are tested
against the frozen packages. Of course there is no evident way to choose
the set, I propose to use some comps groups, but I perfectly understand
that it may be a bad choice.

--
Pat