Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 01:16 -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:

> If X simply knew it was in an inconsistent state, could it initiate
> recovery from there? It'd be nice if we could have a simple
> /usr/bin/xreconfig so we could add this to the "easy fix from vt" cases.

Ngggh.

xrandr --auto would get you most of the way there, except, if you're
vt-switched away from X, then it can't actually do the hardware probe
again, because it doesn't own the hardware.  You could do something like
(chvt 7; sleep 5; xrandr --auto) &, along with all the requisite
DISPLAY= and XAUTHORITY= and maybe that would help?

- ajax