Looking for reviews swaps

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Apr 7 14:00:02 UTC 2009

Le Mar 7 avril 2009 15:45, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> I say Fedora is inconsiseent: These sound files, images, etc. are
>> not
>> free and qualify Fedora as "non-free". Fedora's separation between
>> "data" and "programs" is absurd.
>
> So all OFL and Vera licensed fonts are non-free?

We do not classify fonts as data in Fedora. They have to pass the same
freeness requirements as programs.

For OFL, some people like Bruce Perens feel it's not protective enough
and almost akin to public domain

For Vera, DejaVu has been proving for years the FSF four freedoms
could be exercised. The only forbidden use-cases is use of the
original trademark and distribution for profit of naked fonts not
included in a larger software package, with the official FAQ
clarifying a standalone rpm is a larger package.

So please do not drag Fedora fonts in your argument.

--
Nicolas Mailhot