My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at iki.fi
Wed Apr 8 07:17:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 08:39 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> David wrote:
> > Sorry Paul. But it does not look like, from what I read here, that there
> > will be a vote on this.
>
> And that's exactly what we're complaining about.
>
> It looks very clear to me that the majority either wants Ctrl+Alt+BkSp
> enabled by default or doesn't care either way. Only very few people have
> ever accidentally triggered it.

+1 [How does this voting system work anyways?]

Yes. In a multiuser system it makes a world of difference if you have to
reboot to get X working again, or if just killing X is enough.

To me it sounds silly to disable a quintessential feature of X just
because of a few broken programs that want to use Ctrl-Alt-BkSp for
something else.

If a user really wants to disable Ctrl-Alt-BkSp in order to use it as
input to a program, then s/he should modify xorg.conf.

PS. Personally I've had a lot more trouble with the sleep button on my
keyboard instead of Ctrl-Alt-Bksp, since the former is a lot easier to
trigger unwantedly :D
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor