Re: making available usb usable iso's without using livecd-iso-to-disk or liveusb-creator

On Sa April 11 2009, psmith wrote:

> dd if=foo.iso of=/dev/usb-diskname bs=8M
>
> for more info check here >>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.1_RC_2#Hybrid_ISOs
>
> is this something that fedora would consider?

I hope so. Do you have more info about how to create such images? Obviously
they need to contain a MBR and a partition table, which they do, but is this
enough?

> i don't know if that this is new info or not, or how they do it but i
> thought it interesting and i think all distros should head this way for
> live releases.

It is probably better addressed at the fedora livecd mailinglist at:
fedora-livecd-list redhat.com (please add the missing "@").

Regards,
Till