My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:02:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Christopher Stone
<chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Good thing we will never see a vote on this, because we have to keep
> the x.org egos inflated.  They could never possibly make a brain dead
> lemming like decision.

You should take a moment to consider the tone of your message. To me
it's coming across as unnecessarily abusive, I doubt I'm alone.

Have some perspective— we're talking about a keypress that shuts down
the X-server. There is room here for people who are intelligent,
knowledgeable, and well intentioned to disagree.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another quote:
> "Those who want to use the computer but not have to know about it's
> internals should not be able to accidentally trigger it."
> Does this imply that people can press CTRL+ALT+Backspace accidentally??
> I'm speechless.

I have, quite a few times. I've always slapped my forehead after doing
it and went on with life. I just considered it my own error and it
never occurred to me to disable it.  I was somewhat surprised to hear
that some other experienced users had *not* triggered it accidentally
at least once.