Saving space on the DVD

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Apr 16 15:38:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:25:31AM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> >> More image flavors and sizes involves concerns for mirrors et al.
> >> But how about a jigdo-only (and torrent too?) reconstructable image
> >> of either a second dvd, or a dual-layer sized big dvd?  Or even of
> >> 3x dual-layer dvd images to hold it all on "canonical" media images.
> >
> > Jigdo is a usability disaster.  Our users have a hard enough time just
> > getting a direct iso download and burning it successfully, to try and
> > throw jigdo at them would be... painful.
>

> I would like some further explanation on this opinion of yours.

Jigdo is one of the reasons I don't look forward to downloading the
fedoraunity respins :)  I guess it's easier on the bandwidth providers,
but ultimately much slower than downloading the normal Fedora ISO's
from a mirror.

Usually takes a couple runs to get all the files too.

Granted, I may be using a lousy client...

Ray