Re: development packages and multilib

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 06:05 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > Because KDE always has to be different and inevitably manages to Do It
> > Wrong.
>
> How else are scripts supposed to figure out whether the current distribution
> and platform uses lib64 or lib or even lib32? Other than
> kde4-config --libsuffix (or the KDE 3 kde-config --libsuffix), I don't
> really see a clean way.

What scripts that do what? Why does no other software in Fedora seem to
have this problem? Why do I have to have
QTDIR/QTINC/QTLIB/QT_PLUGIN_PATH crap in my environment? Why is kdelibs
among the biggest packages on my system?

...Why is libgweather alone bigger than kdelibs? Why isn't everything
in /usr/share/gnome/help marked %doc?

Bloat bloat bloat bloat. Wait what was I talking about...