Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Apr 21 18:22:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 13:50 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 23:29 -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > So, the shiny new pulseaudio mixer setup in F11 took away my ability to
> > tell the panel applet which channel to use. It seems to insist on
> > messing with the master. I have a second computer hooked in to the line
> > in, so it can share speakers with my main box. I had it set up so the
> > master volume was set on maximum, and the panel volume thingy adjusted
> > the PCM volume. This allowed me to adjust volumes separately, the
> > secondary box stayed at a constant volume and the main box could be
> > adjusted freely without affecting the secondary machine.
> >
> > How do I get this behavior back?
>
> _This_ behaviour, no. Any reasons why you don't use PulseAudio over the
> network instead?

Because this is simpler. And the secondary box is running Windows XP.

If anything is there some way I can just have an option to get the old
damn panel applet back?

Seems like yet another case of ripping out a stable solution and
replacing it with a new, shiny and immature one that fails to provide
similar functionality. Can I at least get a secret gconf key to do what
I want? :P