Re: FOSS needs a central bug tracker

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 21:29 +0200, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> > ... Then we make FAS an OpenID provider.
>
> http://<your fas account>.id.fedoraproject.org
>
> It's already working fine :)

Oooh. Now if only the UI didn't suck. Having to enter awkward URLs
everywhere kind of defeats the entire idea of seamless ease of use.

Also, I should be able to merge my Google ID/Fedora ID/whatever with my
existing 8 year old Livejournal account. Instead I seem to get an
entirely new account. :P

Google has it right guys, the standard sucks:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/google-doesnt-use-openid/

We just need a standard way of discovering what OpenID providers the
user is using, instead of hardwiring Google/Yahoo/whatever. This is
probably best accomplished by interaction with the browser, which will
need an account manager... (which most already have a "remember
passwords" system already...)