Can we have a Delta-DVD release

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 22 06:45:41 UTC 2009

Andre Robatino wrote:
> A longer-term problem with {make,apply}deltaiso is, if Fedora N and
> Fedora (N+1) require different numbers of ISOs, or the placement of the
> packages on the respective ISOs changes, then one can't get the full
> benefit.  It won't be a problem for F11 since that's still expected to
> be just one DVD, but if F12 goes to 2 DVDs, for example, what then?

One way to handle this could be to create two directories, one
containing the input ISOs, the other the output ISOs.  Then
{make,apply}deltaiso could take these two directories as arguments,
instead of the names of single ISOs.  One would still have a single
deltaiso file regardless of the number of input or output ISOs.  I
suspect this would be a fairly simple change to the existing programs
and could easily be implemented in time for F12.