Independent Fedora bug tracker

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 17:43:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 03:29 -0500, King InuYasha wrote:

> However, I severely doubt Red Hat or the Fedora Project will allow the
> separation of bug trackers at this time for the simple reason that
> Fedora bugs are often tied to Red Hat bugs. All Red Hat people would
> have to do is tag a bug for RHEL in addition to Fedora. This kind of
> bug tracking simplicity is something I doubt they would be willing to
> give up.

Well, er, not really. Ironically, not being able to do that is one of
the biggest limitations of Bugzilla. You can't tag a bug on b.r.c as
being in both Fedora and RHEL. The Product field can only be set to
Fedora *or* RHEL, not both. If you really need to track an issue that
affects both, you need two reports.

(Since the Bugzilla flow for RHEL is rather different from and more
rigorous than the one for Fedora, this is likely to be needed in any
case).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey