Re: Independent Fedora bug tracker

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:29 AM, King InuYasha <ngompa13 gmail com> wrote:
>> How had you not noticed how slow it is? For me, on average it takes
>> approximately 2.5sec to load a page. Red Hat Bugzilla takes approximately
>> 15-20sec to load a page.

> I cannot replicate this on one machine so far, I'll be trying another.

I think this squares with my theory up-thread that it's mostly a network
issue and not the database per se.  It would be interesting to compare
the ping times the two of you see to bugzilla.redhat.com.  For me the
ping time is around 120 msec and loading a single simple bug entry
takes about 3 seconds (on a good day, anyway ... it used to be a lot
worse ...)

>From here in Pittsburgh I can ping sites in San Jose in 70-some msec,
so there is certainly plenty of room for improvement in
bugzilla.redhat.com's connectivity.  It shouldn't take 120 to get
to Phoenix.

			regards, tom lane