Request to become Provenpackager

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:38:20 UTC 2009

>> > I hereby proclaim my candidacy to become provenpackager.
>>
>> It doesn't help you to close all these tickets, because you cannot
>> simultaneously be both reviewer of package and package owner.
>
> The provenpackager would not be the owner, but just the one who applies
> fixes for issues that are found (or would be found) during the merge-review.

But the issue with that is that even though the provenpackager
wouldn't own the package they are making the change to the package
that they're reviewing and the problem with that is that there is no
review of the review to confirm that they are correct. The whole point
of the review/merge requests is that more than one person is reviewing
the package. In the case where the reviewer applies the fixes there is
no second person.

Peter