Re: Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Eric Sandeen wrote:

This reservation is really done on a per-file granularity; it's not for
doing things like "reserve me 8G of space for some number of files I may
write later" - it's more like "reserve me 5.2M of space on this file
descriptor; ok that worked now I'll write to it; rinse; repeat"

So I'm not sure this directly helps the case where, say, the test
transaction squeaks in with enough space, something else uses up some
space after that, and then the real install of the rpm set fails ...

which is, sadly, exactly what I'd want to protect for.

oh well.

thanks,
-sv