KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:46:04 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 02:26 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 13:25 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Sure.  I'm just pointing out that you're trying to solve a different
>> problem than either the original poster or Thorsten.  (And now that I
>> understand your problem better, perhaps yours is already solved :-)
>
> Well, I think it's really the same issue. The problem is one of
> expectation: we have two similar components, GNOME and KDE, in the same
> distribution, following different update polices - GNOME favours stable,
> KDE favours adventurous. This confounds expectation.

This isn't solved by having two repositories.  We'd still have a post on
this list asking for the new GNOME release to be built for F-10 and we'd
still have the GNOME maintainers say that they're not going to do that.

> Yes, my problem is potentially almost solved with the tools at our
> disposal and some little tweaks to interfaces, except for the problem
> raised by Jesse, see my reply to his post. :)

Heh. I thought you were willing to accept that change when you talked
about using tags rather than a separate repo :-)

-Toshio