rt2860 driver (fc11)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 06:27:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 21:58 -0700, Markus Kesaromous wrote:
> I know this is a staging and thus experimental driver.
> I only wanted to point out that if you compile the kernl
> without SMP support, then this driver module will have these
> undefined symbols:
>
> spin_lock_bh
> _per_cpu_offset
> synchronize_irq
> spin_unlock_irqrestore
> del_timer_sync
> spin_lock_irqsave
>
> I did a cursory look at part of the code, and it is obvious
> this code is not up to snuff in coding style, and in one file, missing
> header include.
> At the very least, the code needs to surround locking
> and unlocking code with
> #ifdef CONFIG_SMP
>    spin_lock...    or spin_unlock ...
> #endif

Wouldn't this be better sent to lkml? I don't think anyone in Fedora
works on the in-kernel rt2860 driver, do they? I don't recognize any of
the names in
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;f=drivers/staging/rt2860;hb=HEAD as being 'Fedora people'.

--
Adam Williamson