rt2860 driver (fc11)

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:14:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:58 AM, drago01 wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>
>> I maintain those drivers at RPMFusion. I will be happy beyond
>> imagination when the staging drivers are marked stable.
>
> They won't ever (the rtxxxx Vendor drivers)
>

>From my understanding, the staging tree of the kernel contains drivers
that are being prepared to be included in the main kernel tree[1].
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not quite sure if I could catch what you meant. Are you being
sarcastic, implying that the rt2xxx staging drivers will stay in the
staging repo forever? I sure hope not :) Hey! Don't break my hopes!

Orcan

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/285594/