Make upstream release monitoring (the service formerly known as FEVer) opt-out?

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Aug 7 08:56:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 10:48 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> >> Would it be ok, to do this and allow maintainers to add there package to
> >> a black list, so that no bugs will be filed or should it continue to be
> >> opt-in? Then the packags will still be checked, but only reported by
> >> other, non intrusive ways, e.g. via a website.
> > <alarm bell ring/> Website? == yet more bureaucracy ????
>
> I don't get how you might even expect more bureaucracy from some status
> website. What do you think this website might be? It will not require
> anybody to look at it, but provide the information to interested people.

It remembers me a website made by Remi[1] which list for all the package
available, for all the branch what version are in the repo.
It also provides comparison between upstream and repo for some packages
such as the PECL, PEAR and R packages.

[1] http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/

Regards,
Pierre