Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 14:19:21 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> writes:

> On 08/06/2009 09:12 PM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Do you expect people to continue a review even when you'd have to
> decide against the best of your knowledge and conciousness?

Actually, yes, I do. Your job is not to make packages perfect, but to
check they follow Packaging Guidelines and other items as stated on the
wiki. Of course, you can and you should express your opinion about any
strategies and techniques they use (rerun autoconf or patch ./configure
or libtool), but their disagreement with your opinion (and it is nothing
else than one of two opinions on the matter) shouldn't be the reason why
you reject the review approval.

Do you go to the source code and check how well the upstream made the
program?

IMHO, the proper way is to express opinion, and even when disagreement
happens, approve review and then file a bug against the package where
you can fight your battle without threatening packager to disallow him
to have a bug in the repo.

Matěj