Slip of Fedora 12 Alpha by one week

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 21:10:31 UTC 2009

Today in the release engineering meeting, it was decided to enact a one
week slip of the Fedora 12 Alpha release date.  This is due to remaining
bugs on the F12Alpha tracker preventing creation of a release candidate
and preventing testing of proposed fixes.  We expect to be able to
test/clear the list early this week, therefor only a week slip is needed
at this time.  The new Alpha release date August 25th.  As soon as we
have a successful Alpha compose we will lift the Alpha freeze and allow
rawhide to move forward.

We also agreed to adjust the final schedule based on Alpha slipping,
however we are deferring that discussion to a later date, once we've
successfully composed Fedora 12 Alpha.  John Poelstra will send mail
regarding this later.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!