Consistent PolicyKit system policy

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 10 22:06:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 15:42, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
>> What is the goal of the default Fedora PolicyKit policy system-wide, and
>> how can we check that PolicyKit mechanisms' default policies are
>> adhering to it?
>
> Generally where I'd like to move to is where the RPM package defaults
> are appropriate for a shared computer lab PC, and the desktop spin
> kickstart modifies things as appropriate for the unmanaged home
> PC/laptop.

I'm confused, does this mean that the desktop spin doesn't (or won't)
use the RPM package defaults?

If so, what about someone who install a « shared computer lab PC »
using the desktop spin? After all, users of this « shared lab PC »
need a desktop, so the admin could think the desktop spin is the most
appropriate...

That seems confusing, and potentially misguiding :-/

Or did I simply not understand what you meant?

Best regards,