Annoying kmemleak scans

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 06:22:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 16:53 +0200, Fabian Deutsch wrote:

> Starting with F11 kmemleak is part of the kernel. It is quite annoying
> when every couple of minutes kmemleak starts to scan for memeleak within
> the kernel. I do not see any point in doing this on desktop machines, so
> is there a chance of disabling it by default?
> It eats quite much of battery when running F11 on a laptop.

Having kmemleak turned on at least in rawhide is a good thing. As for a
released kernel, I'd agree that the kthread Catalin uses probably
affects battery life. Of course you could disable it, but I suppose you
mentioned this because of the default - hence, copying fedora-kernel so
that someone can actually answer your question.

Jon.