An error while using livecd-creator

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 14:28:17 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, August 11 2009, Kushal Das said:
> I am using livecd-creator on a F-11 box. I have 27GB free on my / partition.
> The error I am getting is given below:
[snip]
> Error creating Live CD : Unable to install: [('installing package
> bug-buddy-1:2.26.0-2.fc11.i586 needs 684KB on the
> /var/tmp/imgcreate-rScTyr/install_root filesystem', (9,
[snip]
> Any pointer on how to fix this ?

As the message says, there's not enough space in the root fs of the
livecd (/var/tmp/imgcreate-XXXXX/install_root) to install the packages.

If you were overriding the size of the / partition, be sure you have the
latest pykickstart package installed as there was a bug there that broke
the overriding

Jeremy