No more Alpha tag requests

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:15:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 03:55:20PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Josh Boyer said the following on 08/20/2009 07:50 AM Pacific Time:
>> A general reminder.  As we are out of Alpha freeze now, that means we are not
>> taking tag requests for F12 Alpha any longer.  The package set for Alpha has
>> been finalized.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> josh
>>

> Does this mean the schedule should be updated to show the freeze ending
> and if so what day did it end?  Right now we have it going through
> release day on August 25th.

Yes.  It ended two days ago, when rawhide got a massive explosion of packages.

> How and where is it decided that the freeze has ended?

How == we got our golden package set.  Where I am not 100% sure but I would
think it was in the QA meeting.

> In the future could someone send out an announcement formally announcing
> that the freeze has ended?  Forgive me if this was announced and I
> missed it.

I think my email was the formal announcement.  I will be the first to admit
that it certainly wasn't intended to be though.

josh