Heads up: Extra diligence with bodhi updates required

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:49:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

Recently the mechansim bodhi uses to obsolete older updates was disabled due
to it doing the wrong thing in certain cases.  However, that means it won't
obsolete the older updates for the cases it used to get right.

This can lead to having multiple updates submitted for a single target at
the same time.  I ask that you spend a few minutes verifying your update
push requests to make sure you don't have this happening.

I've already had to revoke a few requests due to newer updates being submitted
at the same time.  The general rule when this is found is: "Newest update
requested wins."

Thanks in advance for your diligence and patience.

josh