Policy on removing %changelog entries?

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 07:05:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 13:21 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> What is the policy regarding deletion of individual entries in the
> middle of %changelog?
>
> A developer added a %changelog entry to each of my cloud daemons'
> packages, on the main fedora-cvs devel branch of each.
>
> Then, a day or so later, after other %changelog entries had been added
> by me...  the same developer removed one %changelog entry from the
> middle of %changelog, and added another entry at the top.
>
> I thought the policy was to never delete %changelog entries, ever?
I've explained that the reason for removing that entry was that the
package for which the changelog entry I've added first was never on the
rawhide dist tag in koji. And as it was necessary to do another rebuild
so the entry could be seen as duplicate I've removed that previous
entry.
However I understand that you don't want that to happen again so I won't
do it again.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb