cpqarrayd for fedora 11 and 12

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Fri Aug 28 07:13:22 UTC 2009

On 27/08/09 16:08, Peter Jones wrote:
> On 08/27/2009 06:02 AM, Howard Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> I have had to patch the code for cpqarrayd to get it working under
>> Fedora 11. It was failing with a stack smashing exception. I have fixed
>> this by replacing stack structures with dynamic allocation. Where should
>> I send the patch ... the last development on this was in 2007 so it is
>> probably not being maintained, although I will try to contact the author.
>>
> Congrats, you get to be maintainer (and possibly the only remaining user)
> of cpqarrayd.

Is it really true that nobody else uses cpqarrayd? If so what do people
use to monitor the HP/Compaq hardware in the Proliant range of servers?

If I had found one I would use an SNMP plugin and monitor via SNMP, but
not tracked one down yet!

My 'fix' is just removing the 'cause' of the stack smash, it does not
change any function hence maintaining this is not something I am (yet)
qualified to do.