Pulseaudio in F12

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:18:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de>wrote:

> On Sun, 29.11.09 12:58, Paulo Cavalcanti (promac at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a clean install of Fedora 12, and pulseaudio seems to be behaving
> > completely different. Any mixer control I have (master, pcm, front ,,,)
> > affects
> > the pulse volume slider (looking at pavucontrol). In the past, pulse only
> > controlled PCM, I guess.
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PulseAudioStoleMyVolumes
>
> > But the worst point is that there is no more application volume memory.
> > All applications when launched are at full volume, and this is really
> > annoying ...
>
> That is not true, unless you reconfigured PA in some way...

You are right. This is true for some applications only,
and I found so far three applications needing to be fixed:

xmms, audacious and mplayer.

I installed audacious 2.2 and it is behaving much better.

xmms-pulse plugin was written by you, but I do not know if you are willing
to patch xmms.

mplayer will be fixed eventually.

Now that I understand what you have done, it seems to be a good idea indeed.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ