Re: Proposed F13 feature: drop separate updates repository

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:47:17 -0500, Matthew Booth <mbooth redhat com> wrote:

Any tool which deals with repositories requires the repo to be configured twice. Off the top of my head I can think of:
 1. yum
    separate repo and updates-repo in yum.conf.
2. livecd tools
    two repos in kickstart
3. revisor
    two repos in kickstart
4. febootstrap
    two repos on command line
Given that you almost always want updates, it would an improvement if all of the above could be replaced with a single configuration.
 Matt

So, create a meta-repo that just says "I'm the combination of these several repos over here"? Of course, it'd require modification of all the programs that know how to talk to repos...

Personally, I think the current repo setup is just fine as it is.

--
James Cassell