Re: Proposed F13 feature: drop separate updates repository

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Since people are posting wishes, here is mine:

1. stop shuffling packages from directory to directory as they get
promoted/demoted from release to release

we sort of do this now with hardlinks - the problem is when we have to resign the pkgs.

2. have a single authoritative URL for each package

packagedb...

3. replace static mirrors with proxy-ing of kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org
(make sure it works with web infrastructure instead of fighting it)

I don't think that would work fine with a lot of our mirrors.

4. generate indexes of the kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org tree that
represent Fedora X, Fedora X + updates, Fedora X + testing, etc.

this is intriguing but expensive on kojipkgs.

-sv