Re: Blocking radeonhd (was Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?)

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 06:20:20 +1000
Dave Airlie <airlied redhat com> wrote:

> The big issue is with KMS on using radeonhd is like shooting yourself
> in the face. Either we need to patch radeonhd in Fedora to not start
> with KMS enabled or remove it from the distro.

I am working on such a patch to radeonhd right now.

For some reason, the necessary information on how to do that is much
easier to find now than it was back then when KMS was first introduced
to Fedora when I first tried to write one.

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann