Re: Proposed F13 feature: drop separate updates repository

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Peter Jones wrote:

On 12/02/2009 05:58 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Peter Jones wrote:

On 12/02/2009 03:53 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
3. replace static mirrors with proxy-ing of kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org
(make sure it works with web infrastructure instead of fighting it)

I don't think that would work fine with a lot of our mirrors.

I think it probably /could/ if we put some (relatively major) work in
on the server side to make it look like the directories it isn't. Not
that I'm endorsing such a plan.

we'd have to make all our mirrors use that.

not gonna fly.

Well, you just wouldn't get the benefits of this if you're using a mirror.

Which, yes, is pretty lame.

we won't get the benefits in fedora then. Our mirror infrastructure is a HUGE reason why we can do what we do.

If we can't farm things out to our mirrors then we might as well go home b/c our users will NEVER be able to get our bits.

-sv