Thunderbird crashing while trying to send e-mail (apparently trouble while composing message)

Since November 29 I detected that thunderbird is crashing whenever I try to send e-mail. Bugzilla report filled (I see that several other users have had the same problem & also reported). But it appears in bugzilla as a "low priority" "medium severity" problem.

Is it possible to retrofit thunderbird until a fix is devised?

Best regards,

CdAB