Re: Blocking radeonhd (was Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?)

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 22:12:00 +0100
Hans Ulrich Niedermann <hun n-dimensional de> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 06:20:20 +1000
> Dave Airlie <airlied redhat com> wrote:
>
> > The big issue is with KMS on using radeonhd is like shooting
> > yourself in the face. Either we need to patch radeonhd in Fedora to
> > not start with KMS enabled or remove it from the distro.
>
> I am working on such a patch to radeonhd right now.

The patch has been finished and has been tested on my system.

Packages with the patch have been built and are both in rawhide and on
their way towards updates-testing/ and updates/ for F11 and F12
(xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd-1.3.0-4.2.20091204git.fc*).

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann