Re: FreeType patented bytecode interpreter now in rawhide

Finally! It was like a non-ending movie through all these years, having such one essential/basic feature disabled. An update for F12, whenever it gets ready, would be really welcome!

> Given how any font rendering changes seems to degrade font rendering for some

The TrueType bytecode interpreter really makes the difference.

-Ilyes

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:

Le Ven 4 décembre 2009 13:50, Matěj Cepl a écrit :

> Dne 4.12.2009 01:13, Behdad Esfahbod napsal(a):
>> Since the patents covering the TrueType bytecode interpreter expired at
>> the end of October, I've now built FreeType in rawhide with that part of
>> code enabled.
>
> can we hope for the update in F12 as well, please?

Given how any font rendering changes seems to degrade font rendering for some
users, I'd very much prefer it went through a full release testing cycle
before hitting unsuspecting users.

--
Nicolas Mailhot