F12 updates-testing issue: X flickers and fails to start

Hi,

On my laptop, after F12 updates-testing update today, after reboot F logo shows but then the screen goes dark and starts flickering between various shades of dark (changing modes?) with intel graphics chipset (GM965/GL960). I'm only using 1024x768 resolution. Nomodeset or using a previous kernel didn't help. Booting to runlevel 3 and running system-config-display (--reconfig) resulted in the same.

I've worked around the issue by "yum history undo 1" which rolled back a couple of hundred packages.

Any idea which package could be the culprit and I should file a bug against or to isolate it? Somehow I don't think this is necessarily an Xorg base or driver issue.