Re: Why pavucontrol is not installed by default?

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:51:55AM -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> I did a clean install of Fedora 12 and realized
> that pavucontrol was not installed by default.
> I have two sound cards and I only got sound when
> I manually installed pavucontrol and used it.
>
> Any reason?

  pavucontrol is regarded as advance tool, but also partly
obsolete. Current gnome-volume-control superseded most of
its functionality: controlling different streams volume,
switching profile, outputs, fallback devices.

--
Tomasz Torcz                "Funeral in the morning, IDE hacking
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl    in the afternoon and evening." - Alan Cox