Re: Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

On 12/09/2009 07:14 AM, James Antill wrote:
... The minimum RAM size on any of these 5 boxes is 2GB.

  I'd be surprised to find that anyone working as a full time developer
has any (non-virt) boxes that are spec'd less than that.

Surprise!  I have 4 boxes that are 1GB or less (as low as 320MB),
and several that are 2GB or more.

 And yes, shockingly, developers will test on the machines they have
easy access to.

Sometimes I doubt even that, particularly when shipped software
has python syntax errors (type mismatch, wrong number of arguments,
no such member, ...)