Re: Why pavucontrol is not installed by default?

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 13:40 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

> I couldn't disagree more strongly. As a Linux user, I want the "show me
> everything" option. I don't care if I have to check a box to do it, but
> I want to see all the knobs and dials. And I at least expect not to have
> what I'm doing with alsamixer interfered with by the other tools.

It's quite difficult for any given mixer not to 'interfere' with any
other, given that, in the end, they're all poking the same underlying
dials. We're always going to provide alsamixer for anyone who needs
access to all the controls, it's not going anywhere.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey