Yum "Cannot retrieve repository metadata" error

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:00:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Since my latest rawhide update, performed on Dec 12 (with
--skip-broken enabled because of some broken dependencies and a
certain laziness on my side), my yum is giving me the following error:

Loaded plugins: presto
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: rawhide. Please verify its path and try again

Here's a list of packages which got updated: http://berkenpies.nl/yum.log

I'd be more than happy to manually downgrade some packages but does
someone have any clue on which package could be causing this?

On a side note, yum was also complaining about
"/var/cache/yum/i386/13/rpmdb-cache" which didn't exist. To get rid of
this one, I manually created the directory.

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://blog.berkenpies.nl/