dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 17:47:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:50 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> Will older history be available in the final "production" git repos?
> This might come in handy for the remaining merge reviews, or for
> historical purposes, or just be dead weight. I'm not sure which one.

I had originally wanted to import history from FC1 forward, but when I
thought some more about it, the FC-1 through FC-6 branches wouldn't
share a common history with the origin/master made from the external
dist-cvs.  That would make importing the FC-1~6 stuff rather more
difficult.  I /might/ be able to do something with a graph point but I
honestly haven't looked very hard.  If anybody is interested...

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!